What to do with a Backup PC, Keeping a Backup Computer, Storing a Backup Mobile Computer, Backup Nuc
Keeping a Backup Computer for your Mobile Unit
Often times clients keep a Backup Computer on hand in case there is a problem with a mobile unit computer that requires it to be taken out of service either temporarily or permanently.
ITpipes Recommends the following process for initial configuration of the Backup Computer
- First of all, make sure to go through the same receiving process you would with a computer you would put directly into service.
- Follow these instructions whether the computer comes from ITpipes or another source.
- Follow the article steps all the way through installing ITPipes Mobile software and connecting to the video, distance and other equipment in the CCTV mobile unit.
Recommendations for keeping a backup PC ready to deploy.
- We recommend scheduling to test out the backup bc every 8 weeks to ensure it turns on and all is functional, so that when its needed, its available for use.
- We recommend keeping the backup pc in the office or climet controlled storage so the unit is not subjected exceptionally low or high temperatures nore the harsh outside environment and is protected until its needed.
CCTV Unit PC and/or Replacement PC for Nuc or Industrial Rack Mount PC
The majority of CCTV units use a pc that is either a laptop or full-size rack mount, industrial cased pc. Nuc Computers Recently, ITpipes and our partners have had much success using Intel Nuc pcs inside CCTV Units. We recommend that you google ...
PC Review and set up with Client Staff after Delivery from ITpipes
Receiving a PC - ASAP When hardware is shipped, ITpipes does double-box the pc to prevent damage, however, often during shipping, components can become disconnected. It is extremely important, as soon as hardware is received at your location, the pc ...
ITpipes PC Hardware & CCTV Camera Requirements
ITpipes Hardware Compatibility Current PC/computer hardware and CCTV camera hardware requirements are available on this link, by selecting Compatibility and PC requirements. If computer hardware does not meet specifications, ITpipes can not install ...
How to set up a New Asset or Asset Class in an existing ITpipes Environment
Introduction These instructions are provided to help a client add a new asset type or asset class into an ITpipes existing environment, such as the Laterals or Manhole asset type or the Sewer or Storm asset class. The article reviews steps that need ...
How to set up a specific (client) template in ITpipes Mobile and why is this important?
For more information on what a client template is, please click here. To setup a client template, you do need the template file from the client. This file ends in the extension "tpl", for example "cityofmonroviaca.tpl". Confirm ITpipes Mobile is ...