PC Review and set up with Client Staff after Delivery from ITpipes
Receiving a PC - ASAP
When hardware is shipped, ITpipes does double-box the pc to prevent damage, however, often during shipping, components can become disconnected. It is extremely important, as soon as hardware is received at your location, the pc be inspected and physically checked to ensure all shipped okay.
If there are issues, the Client should inform ITpipes asap in writing, with pictures of the damage or to setup a video call for review of the hardware.
We recommend checking the following ASAP:
- Is the outside of the box damaged at all? If so, please take pictures prior to opening the box. This will be necessary for any potential warranty work and/or shipping claim.
- Upon opening the box, is there any visible damage? If so, please take pictures prior to opening the box. This will be necessary for any potential warranty work and/or shipping claim.
- Prior to plugging in the computer, please open the computer lid. This does require basic tools. Upon opening the lid, please ensure that all pc cards appear to be “seated” in their slot and cables are connected. When ITpipes ships a pc, it generally is very organized. If the pc arrives appearing disorganized, please take pictures and email those to email@example.com asap.
ITpipes does provide the pc, with the Client receiving and inspecting the unit, physically checking to ensure the pc has no damage from shipping. When a pc is shipped to a client, the client is asked to do the following:
- ITpipes will supply and ship the pc. The Client will receive the pc and inspect it, physically checking the pc to ensure all shipped okay. Often during shipping, components can become disconnected. If there are issues, the Client should inform ITpipes asap in writing or submit a ticket thru this site, click above and include pictures of the damage or set up a video call for review of the hardware.
- The Client staff sets up the pc with Client protocols, antivirus, networking profiles, etc. (If the Client doesn't want to set up the pc on the network, that may affect syncing and required access. However, we recommend that Client staff still organize some kind of anti-virus, regular updates, maintenance, etc. )
- The Client staff will connect the pc inside the cctv unit, ITpipes is available to assist via a video call with wiring, etc. This includes hooking up standard pc components such a keyboard, mouse, monitor, power, etc. and connecting video and distance or other signals from the camera into the pc. This generally needs to be an I.T. staff member for pc connections and a camera/field inspector or shop person that works with the cameras to do the camera connections.
- ITpipes then remotely installs ITpipes, goes through setup, and tests setup with the hardware; this does require a user with admin permissions to the pc.
- On a regular basis, ideally inspectors would have access to allow ITpipes to remote into the system as needed for updates, etc.
Note: the pc does require internet access.
CCTV Unit PC and/or Replacement PC for Nuc or Industrial Rack Mount PC
The majority of CCTV units use a pc that is either a laptop or full-size rack mount, industrial cased pc. Nuc Computers Recently, ITpipes and our partners have had much success using Intel Nuc pcs inside CCTV Units. We recommend that you google ...
What to do with a Backup PC, Keeping a Backup Computer, Storing a Backup Mobile Computer, Backup Nuc
Keeping a Backup Computer for your Mobile Unit Often times clients keep a Backup Computer on hand in case there is a problem with a mobile unit computer that requires it to be taken out of service either temporarily or permanently. ITpipes Recommends ...
ITpipes PC Hardware & CCTV Camera Requirements
ITpipes Hardware Compatibility Current PC/computer hardware and CCTV camera hardware requirements are available on this link, by selecting Compatibility and PC requirements. If computer hardware does not meet specifications, ITpipes can not install ...
ITpipes Sync - Client Install
ITpipes Sync Client Install & Setup Prerequisites Note: Sync modules communicate using port 8101 TCP protocols. This port will need to be opened in the Firewall for proper communication. (ITpipes Host) Server-side: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher ...
ITpipes Host - Client Install
ITpipes Host Client Install Prerequisites ITpipes Master SQL Server database has been created. Required information including client-specific details that the client typically sets up and maintains. ITpipes may have a record of this information, but ...